Beware the booby. The Parents Television Council (PTC) recently released a study claiming full-frontal nudity is up a whopping 6300% on network shows airing in prime time. That’s a lot of T&A squeezed into the 3 hours of prime time per night. I’m not sure you could find that much nudity, full frontal or otherwise, watching pay per view at the Econo-Lodge every night for the rest of the century. Clearly, I’m watching the wrong networks.
Stephen Colbert coined the phrase Truthiness, defined as “a truth that a person claims to know intuitively from the gut or because it feels right without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.” Based on that definition “reality” television shows even stretch that broad definition to something closer to realitiness, “the relative reality based on colorful characters and stupid premises without regard for the relative reality of either.” Or something like that.
Republican Roger Williams, The Donkey Whisperer. He may not be smart, but he sure is clever.
It’s the 59th anniversary of the Miss USA pageant. Over the years the lovely contestants have given us a bird’s eye view (though oddly no wardrobe malfunctions) into what makes a potential Miss USA tick.
EVERY CHILD LEFT BEHIND – A chilling demonstration of why Americans must be the biggest
morons morans on Earth. This still isn’t the dumbest I’ve seen. I once saw a woman on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire burn all three lifelines in a futile attempt to answer, “Which way does a compass point?”
- More Randomness (omnipotentpoobah.com)
- Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? An Ant Might Be (newsfeed.time.com)
- History test questions: Are you smarter than a fourth-grader? (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- I Am Smarter Than A Fifth Grader (wolfofthesteppes.wordpress.com)
- Is She Smarter Than A 5th Grader? OK, How About A 4th Grader? OK, How About… (jimcureton2.wordpress.com)
- Is Terry Jones Smarter than a Six Year Old? (greensboring.com)
- The antidote to the dismal state of education: Nerdy Baby (gatorgamers.wordpress.com)
- Video: Is NOAA smarter than a 5th-grader? (hotair.com)
- Video: Is NOAA Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? (gloucestercitynews.net)
- U.S. History Test Scores Stagnate As Education Secretary Arne Duncan Seeks ‘Plan B’ (timesoftexas.com)