Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! Ladies and gentlemen we have a new “scandal”…“Benghazi” Bowe Bergdahl. Like the others, this scandal assigns blame and presumes guilt within 24 hours and without facts. The country could save a lot of time and money if we eschewed a premature Congressional investigation every time Barak Obama “lies” about stubbing his toe.
The Bergdahl affair simply brims with juicy meat:
- We can’t possibly negotiate with terrorists.
- Automatically sign the pre-prepared Impeach Obama Because he Broke a Law papers.
- We can’t release terrorists so dangerous millions will die solely on the power of their get out of jail kinda free card. And the Qataris? Sheesh, knowhatImean?
- Bergdahl is a treasonous turd and should rot in some filthy Paki cave.
- The White House will lie. The Army will lie. Bergdahl will lie. The milkman will lie. Nancy Pelosi will lie five times. Oh, and she’s a satanic lesbian who believes in evolution.
It’s all so familiar and tedious. The nabobs will natter until 2016 or there is a Democratic President, whichever comes last.
For once, can we act like a nation of laws as some of our politicians remind us at every turn? Can there be a presumption of innocence until proven guilty? Let’s have an impartial investigation instead of a kangaroo court tried in the media before gavel kisses bench. Let’s try Bergdahl for treason if that’s appropriate. But let’s wait for charges, if any, to be filed before we cashier the man out of a life.
Finally, once the system, which generally works given half a chance, makes a decision, let’s not embark on the familiar quixotic plunge down the rabbit hole by trying to invalidate the decision, convinced the 54th time will result in a different outcome.
No doubt this case is as complex as the facets on a gaudy Jarred diamond, but at this point there is only one salient question:
WTF are the facts?
Related articles on bowe bergdahl
- ‘God Will Repay': Did Sgt. Bergdahl’s Dad Delete Disturbing Tweet About Fight to Free Gitmo Prisoners? (theblaze.com)
- Bowe Bergdahl’s Dad Must Be Monitored (iowntheworld.com)
- Editorial: Bowe Bergdahl and the human cost of war (sacbee.com)
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl: Troops Question Prisoner Swap (live.wsj.com)
- White House Petition: Punish Bowe Bergdahl for Being AWOL (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Why Bowe Bergdahl Is So Special (moonbattery.com)