Next year I will be the same age as my mother when she died. I don’t attach any great significance to that other than it occurred to me in response to someone else’s similar thought. It hadn’t occurred to me because I don’t often think of my Mom. As a rule, I don’t generally think about dead people at all. It’s not that I don’t miss her or that I didn’t love her, but she is gone; like Monty Python’s dead parrot. She is deceased.
Just Because They’re Robots Doesn’t Mean They Can’t Feel
- Hey, I’d charge $45K for a robot too if it was designed to be shot at.
- Mother’s Day is coming. You might want to give FTD a jingle and ask for the Mombot Special.
- Just in case you drop your straw on the floor at McDonalds‘ Playland, you can rest assured it’ll be safely and sanitarily returned to your drink, untouched by human hands.
- Not only have you bounced a check, but you also must suffer the indignity of being led to a teller by a robot the can probably balance a checkbook better than you.
- OK, if you’re visiting deadly outback on a regular enough basis to need your own robot for safety, perhaps you should simply look into trips to Manhattan instead.
- Finally, someone who truly understands the desires of hardcore gamers.
- You know when the world’s a-changin’ when the Togolese join the Robo-Race.
- Now we know how they made those weird mouths on Clutch Cargo.
List of Lists
- From the NY Times Bestseller List, How to Sh*t in the Woods. You know, just in case you’re guanally impaired. Really gaunally impaired.
- Brendan agreed with the list that giant hairballs are pretty horrifying when your cheetah hocks them on the living room rug.
- Ten weird wrestlers, yet neither Hulk Hogan nor Jesse “The Body” Ventura made it.
Things That Make You Want to Reconsider the Whole Capitalism Thing
- Just what the world needs, a “mood-matching toilet tissue boutique“.
- Panties guaranteed to piss off PETA.
- I’m not sure most Dads are in the right demographic to get Old Spice for Dad’s Day.
- Legendary? It’s legendary? Nah, Truck Nutz? Those are legendary.
- Sure it’s depressing, but kids are like dogs. You have to train them early to not crap in their cubicle.
- Finally, the reason drug prices are so high.
Crap Just Too Weird to Make Up
- The Annual Salmon Slap-a-Thon was not one of PETA’s more successful fund raisers.
- You know your boyfriend is just a wee bit controlling when…
- Clearly, none of these places are in Zagat’s.
- See, it just doesn’t pay to have sex without the safety on. Perhaps they should’ve just used Wii Sex instead.
- I only feel Playboy for the stories.
- After years of research, doctors discovered the embarrassing fact that cancer is actually caused by a chemical that activates when a patient fears getting cancer.
- Ultimately, the visual aid proved a failure because it lacked arms to grab the husband’s nuts in a vice-like grip and scream, “YOU DID THIS TO ME!“
- Things the Quaker Oat guy never said…but wished he had. (Just a smidgen of strong language. Hey, this guy ain’t no Wilford Brimley.)
- “Doctor, will I ever be able to play the piano again?” No, but you’ll speak damn fine German, or Chinese, take your pick.
- Well of course he wanted his bullet back – the guy’s name is Billy Joe.
- Barbie is pretty hot, especially if she’s “forbidden fruit“. (Always Aroused Girl)
- If John Ashcroft could lose his Senate seat to a corpse, it’s a piece of cake to lose the mayoral election in Tracy City, TN.
- You should see the duet where she sings Moon River with Andy Williams. (Dave Away From Home)
- In more moon news… (Dave Away From Home)
- Hmm, I wonder how the restaurant owner feels about same sex pet adoption?
- The more I study Japanese pop culture the more I think Americans really aren’t the world’s goobiest people.
- If there’s some useless, weird piece of crap to be made, the Japanese are working on it.
- Yuki was terrified when she saw the spider that ate Yokohama.
- New this season on the Discovery Channel…Ax Men of Japan.
- More Randomness (omnipotentpoobah.com)
- PETA Uses Bea Arthur In New Ad (perezhilton.com)
- Japanese Robot Makes Facial Expressions (risingsunofnihon.com)
- Top 10 Robot Videos (singularityblog.singularitysymposium.com)
- PETA Wants Groundhog Replaced with Robot (geeksaresexy.net)
- Videos: Tower robot Tsutenkaku conquers Akihabara, meets Asimo (crunchgear.com)
- The Robots Among Us (bits.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Japanese robot does acrobatics easily (ubergizmo.com)
- Japan plans mind-reading robots and brain interface devices ‘by 2020’ (engadget.com)
- What If Japan had invented Legos? Asoblocks robot modules (dvice.com)
- Is Japan Trying to Destroy America With Robots? (amog.com)
- Videos: See Robovie-R Ver. 3, the robot for the elderly and disabled, in action (crunchgear.com)
- Meet the robot enforcer: The Husqvana DXR 310 demolition robot (crunchgear.com)
- The Robots Podcast: 50 Years of Robotics (Part 1) (spectrum.ieee.org)