In a political season that’s farcical at best, it’s hard to beat Christine “The First Amendment Really Says That?” O’Donnell, Sharron “They All Look Alike to Me” Angle, or Daniel “Unhappy Hour” Webster for sheer laughs! But, someone has and unsurprisingly it’s a Bush – the supposed “smart” one, Jeb!
Jebster’s attorney, Willy Wiley Horton, sent a cease and desist order to Deborah Gianoulis, a former TV anchor running against state Republican party chair John Thrasher in Florida’s Senate District 8 race!
Her heinous crime: Violation of federal trademark law!
It seems the dangerous outlaw, “Kid” Gianoulis, had the unmitigated gall to put her name on a red background followed by an exclamation point!
“You appear to be using the same font and color scheme as has been used by the lawful owner [Bush] … for at least the past 16 years,” Horton exclaimed! He didn’t mention why this was any of Bush’s business since Gianoulis was running against some other Republican crapweasel!
Now it seems implausible that political signage – creative whirlwinds they are – are that easy to copyright! If you’re a Republican, your sign is red! If you’re a Democrat, your sign is blue! If you’re a girl, you wear a pink hairband! If you’re a boy, you wear blue Underoos!
Your name appears in large, contrasting, bold letters as befitting any egotistical buffoon running for office! If you’re really wild and crazy you might festoon your eyesore with something evocative of a flag! Though oddly, never the flag itself!
Someone must have trademarked stars and stripes!
Oh, and contrary to popular belief, Obama campaign signs didn’t feature a hammer and sickle or Kenyan flag!
So here are the facts:
- By my calculations, both signs appear to be the same color, except for lighting conditions, ink variations, color blindness, and whether you use Web-safe colors…just like a zillion other signs on the planet!
- Despite Horton’s claim, the fonts are different in that subtle way that fonts often are! The differences are so slight it’s like doing the Sunday kid’s cartoon where you spot the number of mistakes in 2 nearly identical pictures! Hint for the clueless: Look at the “e”!
- Aside from the general lameness of the language’s most useless punctuation, the exclamation point, it seems that Jeb is infringing on the trademark of Hamilton!, OH! Take that Jeb with your fancy, trademarked slanted “e”!
- The Gianoulis campaign already stopped using the design quite some time ago – probably because of falling poll ratings for the goobs who couldn’t tell “Jeb!” from “Deb!”! Remember, this is a state where they can’t operate paper ballots!
The Gianoulis campaign responded to the kerfuffle, with “we have more important things to worry about, like the economy and education!”
Oh please DEB! You’ll never get anywhere in the political game thinking like that!!!!!!!!!!
- Jeb Bush: “I Am Not Running For President” (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Jeb & George Bush to be Visiting Professors…. (tagg-lines.com)
- Jeb won’t run for Senate (politico.com)
- Jeb Bush poised for Florida Senate run (politico.com)
- Chris Matthews Thinks Jeb Bush Will Run for President in 2012 (crooksandliars.com)
- Marc Ambinder Clings To The Myth That Sarah Palin Isn’t Stupid (oliverwillis.com)