Both Republicans and Democrats jabber a lot about jobs, even when times are relatively good. When times are bad the talk turns into a nasty shite-storm. The mantra for both sides is America can’t compete if we don’t [fill in the blank]. But here’s a dirty little secret: America can’t effectively compete regardless of which ideology you prefer.
Tag: economics (Page 1 of 3)
THE OLD HOMESTEAD – It’s not my grandparents’ shack, but it is a close facsimile. If Mitt Romney would live in a place like this for a week, I’d vote for him.
Much has been said about how multi-millionaire candidates relate to the middle class. Most of them advize Americans who are part of the shrinking middle class to simply get new jobs. They’re understandably silent on just how to pull that off in the recession they’ve created. In their opinion, any grousing from Americans caught in the vice of diminishing means is just class warfare against the wealthy, Cayman Island, tax-dodging, outsourcing, politically powerful. BANG! You’re very poor.
- More Environment Coverage from the Poobah (omnipotentpoobah.com)
- The Slow, Certain Death of the Global Warming Theory – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Most Tea Partiers Don’t Believe in Global Warming (politicalwire.com)
- More people pay attention to Al Gore – credibility plummets (junksciencesidebar.com)
- Politics and Global Warming: Democrats, Republicans, Independents and the Tea Party (yubanet.com)
- Al Gore to Try Again (maboulette.wordpress.com)
- Al Gore’s Climate Conspiracy In 24-hour Broadcast With No Scientific Debate: Will Attempt To Convert Climate Skeptics Of Maurice Strong’s Climate Scheme. NASA Satellite Data Nullifies Global Warming Conspiracy. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- The Nonsensus: 97% to 98% of climate scientists believe in global warming? (junkscience.com)