Both Republicans and Democrats jabber a lot about jobs, even when times are relatively good. When times are bad the talk turns into a nasty shite-storm. The mantra for both sides is America can’t compete if we don’t [fill in the blank]. But here’s a dirty little secret: America can’t effectively compete regardless of which ideology you prefer.
The Human Condition Ain’t What It’s Cracked Up to Be
- Will China Ban Naked Wedding Photos?
- Never Visit These Dating Sites
- Angry Women Force Trespassing Men to Perform Sit-ups
- Walker endured a two-hour attack by a reindeer
- McDonald’s to Offer McWeddings
- C Scan T-shirt (Kelly the Little Black Dog)
- Live Action Coyote vs Roadrunner
- Chinese Hairstylists Perform Truly Giant Haircut
- The most dangerous squirrels on Earth
- Tommy Lee Explodes Over Whale Sperm, Pamela Anderson Not Involved
- 7 Odd Specialties of Real Professors
- Teacher at Kennesaw State University, Strips In Front of Class
- Woman allegedly bites husband’s tongue
- Racist Coffee
- Nanaimo Fire Guy Not Mentally Disabled, Probably Just Crazy
- Czechs Slammed For Bizarre ‘Porn Arousal’ Test For Gay Refugees
- Another Ancient Dildo
- Store’s Sign Reminds That BBQ Restaurants Are “Safest” Because Of Lack of Muslims
- Buffalo Rides In Car, Drinks Beer In Alberta
- Three Readings from the Hipster Bible
- Whip It Out: American Cities by Penis Size
- O’ Holy Penis
- Sarah Silverman Does Vaginal Health PSA
- Churchgoers Crushed By Camel In Nativity Processional
- Client demands money back from hookers
- Pastor executes elf to save Christmas
- Nutmeg Treated as Drug for Hallucinogenic High
- Is It Human?
- Putin Fights Cancer by Singing Blueberry Hill
- Vegas ‘Strippermobile’ Delivers Christmas Donations
- 79 Freaky Robots
- Battery-Operated Robot Completes 310 Mile Trip
- The Robot Girl
- Dairy Farms Go Robotic, Cows Never Happier
- Women Robots
Those Darn Capitalists!
- Crazy New Investment Idea: Divorces!
- ‘Augmented Reality’ Candy Lets You Taste Fireworks
- American Apparel’s Attempt to Regain Customers: Pubic Hair Cartoons
- Corporate Song and Dance
- Is Duncan Hines’ Cupcake Ad Racist?
- Lucifer’s Toy Chest
- Jesus Christ Action Figure
Merry Christmas Happy Holidays Wherever You Are Bill O’Reilly
OK, Can the Japanese BE Any Stranger?
- Japanese Man Steals 3,000 Pairs of Panties: Can’t Find His Size
- Japanese Robots Become Hospital Staff
- It’s illegal to be fat in Japan
- Google Earth Skydiving
- More Randomness (omnipotentpoobah.com)
- AR-Tees brings augmented reality to a t-shirt, on sale now (video) (engadget.com)
- Pop Sigma Serves up Millions of Views with Rap Viral Video Campaign for McDonald’s in China (prweb.com)
- Volo Releases YUBE Augmented Reality App for Stationary Exercise – Travel the World without Leaving the Gym (prweb.com)
- AR.Pursuit augmented reality shooter app for AR.Drone now available on iTunes (engadget.com)
- Pamela Anderson and the rotis.. (computerknowledge1.blogspot.com)
This Month in the Journal of the AMA
- Doctors were startled to have found the long-missing Lung of Turin. They are sure of its authenticity after comparing fingerprints found on the X-ray.
- Some women will do anything to cure the scourge of “feminine odor” (See Case 8).
- Ear wax removal accidentally turns into a lobotomy when doctor digs too deep.
- The British health system may not be the best model for US health care.
Just Your General WTFitude
- Gnome insulted, Travelocity discontinues ticket sales for Amalfi Coast vacays.
- Are you an ass? Why yes, yes you are.
- These cleanup methods probably work about as well as a junk shot.
- Don’t fire until you see the whites of their skivvies!
- The strongest argument against veganism.
- You know, sometimes you just have to wonder how humans ended up atop of the food chain.
- NASCAR dads take the pole position.
- Mentos – the Messmaker.
- “I was just driving along and suddenly the moonrise was just so spectacular…”
- Yet inexplicably, Chan has never won the lottery.
- Yogi and Boo-Boo were clearly the most awesome bears EVAH!
- OK, ENOUGH ABOUT THIS JUSTIN BIEBER KID!
- Further proof that Nick Cage is a strange, strange man.
- Wells Fargo Bank is too big to sext. What’s worse, this sort of thing is spreading.
- TMZ jumps the pop culture shark.
- A. Muruganantham: Kondom King of Coimbatore.
- “If you must fart, fart proudly.” Very proudly — Ben Franklin.
- As they say, watching sausage being made is rarely a good thing.
- Piqued by it’s BDSM elements, Michael Steele has found a fabulous resort for the Republican Convention. Word has it that Katy Perry may perform.
- There was no doubt that Le Yogi was a talented man.
- Sure it’s impressive, but even more impressive is the huge hole they must have dug to get under the mountain.
What This World Needs is a Good 5 Cent Robot
- It’s a battle royale, the Eiffel Tower squares off against Osimo!
- “With this hyrdo-mechanical clamp device, I thee wed…”
- OK, now this is getting just a little bit creepy.
- Despite what some people think, we do not need another robotic musician.
- Robot, robot, not a genuine robot.
Ow, That’s Gonna Leave a Mark!
- Before your next acid trip, make sure to stock up on Neuticles™.
- Bull takes offense to being stabbed by a matador.
- The unfortunate incident led to China passing a law forbidding crapping while talking on a cell phone.
- 100 things you can do with a cat with a nail in its head.
- On the upside, at least they weren’t killer bees.
- Add a scene getting hit in the balls by a kid swinging at a pinata and you have the $10,000 winner on America’s Funniest Home Videos.
You Know that a Career in Crime Isn’t for You When…
- Glen Ford originated a clever disguise before his robbery attempt. Who knew it would be destined for failure.
- “OK, hand over the catsup and nobody gets hurt.”
- Colorado men arrested for assault with a deadly brewski.
- Clearly the “virtue cop” didn’t see the burka ninja ready to strike.
- Illinois man gives police a piss-poor alibi for the killing.
- Swedish man fined after his neighbor fights off a deadly attack with salt.
- Stumped by crime, Baltimore cops call in CSI.
- Guy sometimes got a wee bit cranky with his wife when he was hungry, so he decided to light up a fire and cook dinner himself.
- The state police have uncovered a plot by Anti-Chicken Santa-Terrorists in North Pole, AK. Sarah Palin announces it’s a liberal smear campaign against her.
And People Wonder Why Americans are the World’s Top Consumers
- What an ingenious invention – Crapscicles!
- New this fashion season, Twisted Twee offers the world’s first purple nurple prevention T-shit.
- Bjork was the model for this spring’s Betsey Johnson collection.
- Let’s see. Use and wash a butter knife or unpack this thing, set it up, insert the butter, buy batteries, slice off thumb, and wash it. Whatever should I do?
- I don’t travel as much as I’d like, but the portable bidet holds some appeal for home use.
- In fairness to the inventor, he did see a need for men to more efficiently mark their territory.
- Only in Japan would you see the words “gang” and “wacky” in the same sentence.
- More randomness (omnipotentpoobah.com)
- Chatroulette marketing…actually works?! (liesdamnedliesstatistics.com)
- Travelocity joins Chatroulette, adds spam to the mix (downloadsquad.com)
- Megafauna farts could have stopped the ice age 12,000 years ago [Ancient Apocalypse] (io9.com)
- Great Pacific Garbage Patch (socialactions.net)
- Film: Feature: Roll credits? The truth behind cinematic apocalypses (and how much we should worry about them) (avclub.com)
- New Message From John Blandly, Deceased; His Economic Secrets (socyberty.com)
- Katy Perry’s Pink Polka Dot Nails (shoppingblog.com)
- “I really didn’t say everything I said.” Meeting Yogi Berra (bleacherreport.com)
- Saving Homes Through Mediation (abcnews.go.com)