Rush Limbaugh has an uncanny knack for shooting himself in the foot every time he speaks – which is about as often as a continuous-fire Gatling gun with an inexhaustible supply of ammo. Quite frankly, I believe the man has no toes left. He lost the shriveled pea in his head long ago. Thank God, the rattling was driving me crazy.
Rush likes to exercise his First Amendment Right to free speech with extreme prejudice. He’s allowed to do that. The Constitution only talks about free speech. It says nothing about stupid speech. He can insult as much as he likes and he’d be legally right. Morally right is something with which Rush has only a nodding acquaintance.
In the panoply of things he’s said about others and that others have said about him, calling someone a slut and prostitute is pretty tepid. I’m sure George Carlin’s advice would be, “Hey, they’re only words man. They won’t hurt you.”
I agree. In fact, people have called me much worse and I didn’t get mad about it. It goes with the territory. But then, I have rhino-like skin and am very poorly socialized. I also like to piss off people like Rush and The Dittohead Nation, so any verbal havoc I can raise is icing on the cake baby. Still, I know others aren’t so thick-skinned and will be outraged when he says stupid things.
He will go on – as he did in Slutgate – standing at a podium in a huge, imaginary stadium and nodding and thrusting his chin out like Mussolini to accept the rapture from the likes of Fox, The Conservative News, and CNSNews.
As he had done so many times before, Rush said something stupid, doubled down on it, and watched the advertisers jump ship like Captain “I Forgot My Glasses” Schettino of the Costa Concordia. Finally, he issued an apology blaming everyone except himself.
With Rush, these things never last long. He’ll immediately ignore it as soon as the chatter blows over as if it never existed at all. Rush’s Rubes will finally stop slobbering and pretend as if it never existed. Eventually, enough of them will drift back so that advertisers will see a large block of people who are easily fooled and start advertising to separate them from their money. Think a 7-month plague…with a lot of weaselry going on.
To the extent that Rush babbled when he should’ve bobbled, he brought things on himself. He could’ve saved himself some bucks by simply keeping his perpetually flapping pie hole closed, but it doesn’t matter.
Rush knows the money will be back as sure as there will be a morning tomorrow. Though money appeals to him like a jackal loves a T-Bone, he managed to highlight some important testimony that otherwise would’ve appeared next to the pork belly prices in the newspaper. In an odd sort of way, he handed the Democrats something of a victory, tiny though it may be. Lots of people heard not only the insults, but also the actual issue. And judging from the advertiser rebellion, more people were agin’ him trather than fer him.
This entire thing could’ve been avoided if Rush STF up for a change and lefties ignored him (unlike me). In the end, it will all turn out to be a wash. The teabaggers will brew a fresh pot. The Obamainatorists will continue to call him a numbskull and life will go on with more important, or at least more entertaining, fare.
Like the 6 billionth Republican “debate”.
- The Omnipotent Poobah speaks about crapweasels and politics
- Is This The End of Rush Limbaugh? (johnhively.wordpress.com)
- Peter Gabriel to Rush Limbaugh: Stop Using My Music (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Only In America: Piers Morgan on Rush Limbaugh: “an archaic old dinosaur living in a warped ugly swamp” (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)
- Patricia Heaton is Rush Limbaugh’s Soul-Mate (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- KSFO’s JD Hayworth Tells Rush Limbaugh’s Advertisers “We’d Love to Have You Over Here” (blogs.sfweekly.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Continues to Insatiably Screw Self as 12th Sponsor Flees [Updated] [Rush Limbaugh] (jezebel.com)
- Limbaugh to join “Hall of Famous Missourians” (cbsnews.com)
- Rush Limbaugh, Turd champion of the year (20poorandfabulous.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Says His Birth Control Comments Were “Leftist” (inquisitr.com)
- Rush Limbaugh’s remarks (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Video: 53 of Rush Limbaugh’s most vile smears against law student Sandra Fluke (dailykos.com)