VICTORIA’S SING ALONG TIME – Come on all you right wingers, sing along!
There is no shortage of Americans full of crackpot ideas and imagined conspiracies. They’re usually part of an unknown cast preaching to like-minded goobs. But occasionally someone with a not-so-unknown name takes to the bloody pulpit.
Truth be told the left and right both have plenty of celebrities in their ideological quivers. But the right’s stable may be smaller and makes up in bat-shit craziness what it loses in quantity.
Ted Nugent is the prototypical conservative in camo. The Nooge never misses a chance to link omnipresent commies to nefarious plots bent on confiscating cross bows or some other equally deranged story. A lifetime of hearing Cat Scratch Fever set to 11 has damaged the man. But Nooge, step aside. There’s a new crackpot in town.
Victoria Jackson made a comedy career of dressing like a 10-year old girl and speaking in a voice that sounded like Carol Channing on helium. The combination was good enough to win her an SNL role and star in a few forgettable movies that required a vacuous girl wearing a tutu and playing the ukulele.
After a long stint playing a Florida homemaker – why is it always Florida – she’s back with a show of her own and a political ideology that makes a Michele Bachmann/Sarah Palin Siamese Twin sound positively grounded.
Vic’s latest rant – branded Victoria Jackson’s Still A Crazy Asshole – suggests she has fallen under the sway of the, President Obama is behind all of this and we will all have to “convert or be killed!” crowd. In her mind, Anti-Christ Hussein Obama will force everyone to join the Muslim Brotherhood and accept sharia as the law of the land. This isn’t an unknown position amongst the ignorati, even though it is illogical using their own logic: How can Obama be too stupid to tie his own shoes yet carry out what would have to be a cover up roughly the size and complexity of the Manhattan project?
Some might argue that her return to TV, helming a show on PolitiChics, is just an extension of her career acting like a bubble head. Others would argue she isn’t “acting”. If she weren’t so damn scary, in the same way Rick Santorum is scary, you could probably take the show and her actions as an inspired comedy patterned after Andy Kaufmann.
But I think she actually believes this stuff. First of all, she ain’t that funny, as her movie Casual Sex proves. Secondly, if Fox News hosts question your sanity, you have to be well and truly beyond the bend.
But the scariest part of her is that she fantasizes these things and is a focal point for her fellow like-minded fans. There are a goodly number of people who share her beliefs and TV makes it all that much easier to rally the outliers.
Even if they don’t wear tutus and play the ukulele.
- Cross posted at The Omnipotent Poobah speaks about politics, crapweasels, and comments on Gather (omnipotentpoobah.com)
- Lions, Tigers, and Muslims OH MY! – Victoria Jackson “Spreading Islamaphobia where Pamela Geller left off” (allianceforanidiotfreeamerica.wordpress.com)
- Victoria Jackson Says We’ve Been Infiltrated By Muslim Bortherhood [Video] (inquisitr.com)
- Thank Goodness We Have Victoria Jackson To Warn Us (alan.com)
- Victoria Jackson Hates Muslims, Loves Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Hollywood For Ugly People: 2011’s Top Fights (huffingtonpost.com)
- Victoria Jackson: Muslim Brotherhood Taking Over America, Six Hour FBI Meeting (kaystreet.wordpress.com)