It’s a good song, even if it is a funeral favorite. So good, just about everyone has done it. So, let’s cross the river and hear just some of the versions of Many Rivers to Cross.
For the past few weeks we’ve seen the overheated spectacle of Steve Jobs’ hi-tech canonization. St. Steven of Applevania was described as a great man who single-handedly brought the world into the computer age by inventing self-described “neat things“. His gift for reliably tickling America’s zeitgeist was legendary, though dubiously important. His talent owes a lot to H.L. Mencken‘s quote, “Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.”
Santorum: Obama ‘lost the war in Iraq’
Well, if by lost you mean not flying around aircraft carriers within sight of San Diego showing off your meager junk in a codpiece with a “Mission Accomplished” banner the size of New Mexico behind you, then yes, he lost the war.
- The Omnipotent Poobah Speaks About Bush and Santorum (omnipotentpoobah.com)
- Oh, so it was actually Obama who pushed the surge into Iraq and defeated the insurgency? (erickbrockway.com)
- Lawrence O’Donnell Marks End Of Iraq War With 2002 Obama Speech: ‘I Oppose Dumb War’ (mediaite.com)
- Iraq By The Numbers: The World’s Costliest Cakewalk (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Iraq war: timeline (telegraph.co.uk)
- Who Ended the War in Iraq? (redstateprogressive.com)
- Costly Iraq war may mark shift in US approach (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Mission Over, Nothing Accomplished (jeffwinbush.com)