If you’re a liberal who screamed bloody murder about ACORN or a conservative who thought using faux pimps as extras in second-rate video was A-OK – and you now feel obliged to jump to the other side of the fence or yank funding from someone – go Googlize yourself now, because this post isn’t for you.
Dude! You’ve been punked!
Wisconsin Governor Scott “Cheesehead™” Walker has run afoul of a liberal newspaper editor running a reverse ACORNization on him. The Big Cheese™ believed he was speaking with conservative gajillionaire/amateur tea brewer David Koch. And judging from the conversation, he poured out his heart to Koch as though channeling Ayn Rand.
Much of what transpired isn’t particularly surprising nor unusual in the political arena – purely standard playbook stuff really. Possibly planting trouble stirrer uppers in the crowd? Meh. Saying the current hoopla is all about Wisconsin’s budget? If so, he’s also hoping the anti-union movement will spread across the country.Or, in Chester Cheetos’ words, “Yep, this is our moment.” Imagine that! Two birds with one brick of cheddar!
And his idea of bipartisanship? Well, lure recalcitrant Democrats back to the Capitol and then pass the bill while they’re still in talks. And if you’re a Dem patting yourself on the back about how smooth the Cheese Dems are, remember this: The old “living at a secret undisclosed location” ploy was pioneered by Texas state Repubs and endorsed by Ex-Hammer and soon to be present Prisoner No. BR-549, Tom “Dancin’ as Fast as He Can With Bum Ankles” Delay.
Card Carrying Member of the Cult of St. Ronnie of Reagan
But other things? Other things were, um… Well Gov, perhaps you should have your people call their people at the Mendota Mental Health Institute. Oops, Mendota is a union shop they might be on strike or something. You should call ahead..providing the union switchboard operator at the capitol isn’t out on strike.
It seems Gov. Cheeseburglar is also a huge devotee of the Cult of St. Ronnie of Reagan. According to Scottie, Ronnie’s firing of the air traffic controllers was, “the first crack in the Berlin Wall and led to the fall of the Soviets.”
Um Gov? Ronnie was responsible for lots of things (though contrary to popular belief, not single-handedly bringing down the Evil Empire), but legally firing union workers who had no collective bargain nor strike rights? That he did, according to the letter of the law. He didn’t gut an already legal union. He fired workers conducting an illegal strike by simply following the existing law.
Richer Than a Double-Cream Muenster
Oh, and word to the deunionization hotheads…by firing almost all controllers at the same time we still suffer cyclical problems with ATC staffing as nearly the entire workforce turns over every 20 years or so. And BTW, almost none of the non-monetary issues – which for many controllers were as important as the money – have been looked at since. The air traffic system is still circa 1981 which was already circa 1941.
It also seems Gov Extra Sharp has a nascent anger management problem. He promised to never give in, preferring the liberal application of “a slugger with my name on it” to get his own way.
Is he misleading the public lying? It would be charitable to answer yes, but so do most politicians. Is he crazy? Perhaps not in the clinical sense, but certainly in that curious way true ideologues are. Do I really think he’d tee up a Dem’s head for an out of the park HR? No, but I bet it gives him morning wood. Hey! Maybe THAT’s the “slugger” he’s talking about!
The false-flagged Koch asked, “I’ll tell you what, Scott, once you crush these bastards, I’ll fly you out to Cali and really show you a good time.”
“All right, that would be outstanding,” Walker said. It’s “all about getting our freedoms back.”
Now that’s richer than a double-cream Muenster.
- “David Koch poser gets Wis. Gov. Scott Walker to reveal ploy” and related posts (personalmoneystore.com)
- BUSTED: Wisconsin Governor Gets Punked By Journalist Pretending To Be David Koch (businessinsider.com)
- Left-Wing Reporter Posing As David Koch, Prank Calls Gov Walker (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Jesse Berney: Top Six Revelations in the Call Between Fake David Koch and Governor Scott Walker (huffingtonpost.com)
- Scott Walker Caught On Tape With “David Koch”? (oliverwillis.com)
- Prank call proves billionaire David Koch owns Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and the GOP (grist.org)
- Miles Mogulescu: Wisconsin Governor Threatens Metaphoric “Hostage Crisis” Using State Workers as “Hostages” to Break Unions (huffingtonpost.com)
- Koch Whore: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Walker in prank call: ‘This is our moment’ (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
- The Guy Who Prank Called Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker HOPES David Koch Sues His Website (businessinsider.com)