We’ve become a nation selfish to a fault.
We don’t want to pay taxes, but we want services.
We launch hate filled screeds about taxes as tyranny, yet don’t lift a finger to stop the steady erosion of real constitutional rights.
We rebel against the idea that health care is a right and then complain about how high the insurance rates of the insured explode from de facto coverage for those who have none.
Social Security is an unfair entitlement to those who don’t use it. It’s what keeps a loaf of bread in the house when they do.
If poor people need help, let them visit the local church. Of course, they’ll be taken care of… if they aren’t gay, or Muslim, or mentally unstable, or any of a thousand other reasons.
Unemployed people are a bunch of lazy goldbrickers living off the public dole. Unless, of course, we become them.
We want to cut taxes to cut a deficit, but want to give more tax revenue to businesses who pass it along to shareholders with nary a job created.
It’s only a matter of time…
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United State of Me, and to the republic which only I want, one person, among millions, and selfishly, with as little liberty and justice as possible for anyone who disagrees with me.
- The Pledge of Allegiance: Unpatriotic? (socyberty.com)
- San Francisco Supervisor Criticized For Not Saying Pledge Of Allegiance (alan.com)
- New at Reason: Greg Beato on the Surprising History of the Pledge of Allegiance (reason.com)
- Mommy, don’t we love America? (psychologytoday.com)
- Why I Refuse to Recite The Pledge (And You Should Too) (jnagyjr.wordpress.com)
- Judge Reprimanded Over Pledge of Allegiance [Dispatches from the Culture Wars] (scienceblogs.com)
- Brewer puts Pledge of Allegiance on beer cans (cnews.canoe.ca)
- Court Upholds NH Law Allowing ‘God’ Reference In Schools Pledge Of Allegiance (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mass. School Requires Permission Slips to Recite Pledge of Allegiance | The Blaze (pumabydesign001.wordpress.com)