The American right has a problem with the concept that Nazism is an extreme right-wing position and communism is an extreme left one, often leading them to claim Obama is both. (Note to Wing Nuts: Man up, pick the correct epithet, and stick with it will ya?)
Given this confusion, it isn’t surprising the party of the elephant that forgets everything has apparently gone so far right it’s preferred policies are now simpatico with some well-known leftist countries.
For proof of this 379 degree ideological turn, consider this:
- The godless commie mayor of Moscow agrees with Pat Robertson that holding a gay parade is a “satanic act“.
- The equally godless Red Chinese agree, going all Mao on a Mr. Gay China Pagent’s ass – which begs the question whether Mao was a pitcher or catcher – but that’s another post. It must be odd for Westboro Baptist Church members and opponents of gay marriage to wake up with an opposite-sex commie hogging all the covers in their arrow-straight connubial beds.
- And, it turns out the secret detentions and waterboarding so beloved by the American right are as left-leaning as the jailers at the former Soviet Union’s old Lubyanka Prison. St. Ronnie of Reagan must be turning in his Christians-only grave.
- Espionage may be a non-ideological activity, but what if this rumor about the Landrieu phone bugging is true? All those worker’s paradises were real big on the whole “let’s tap as many phones as we can” thing, just like our former Puffinstuff-in-Chief and, distressingly, The Messiah™.
With conservatives embracing so many communist positions, I’m worried for my country. What’s next, Mitch McConnell coming out in support of healthcare reform? Michael Steele quiting the Republicans to lead the Wobblies? Sarah Palin changing her school-marm do? It makes me question their patriotism and I’m left with only one shocking question.
Conservatives, as budding communists why do you hate America so much?
- DOSSIER: Illinois’ Gay Marriage Law a Ploy? … Delays By ELCA? … Straight Muslim’s Gay Movie Gig (queerty.com)
- NIMBY to the Hateful (coming to Silicon Valley!) (svmoms.com)
- Right-Wing Fearfest: Beck says ‘free speech is under attack,’ then Limbaugh tells him Obama brings ‘totalitarianism’ (crooksandliars.com)
- Robert Boston: The Most Dangerous Man in America? (mikedelongsantafe.blogspot.com)
- David Neiwert: Historians vs. Jonah Goldberg (huffingtonpost.com)
- Pat Robertson: Gays want to destroy marriage (bilerico.com)
- The Tim Tebow Super Bowl Ad: College Great Fumbles Before First Pro Snap (bleacherreport.com)
- Cronkite, Communist (talkingpointsmemo.com)